Sway Bar
Dan
2000-08-22 05:25:47 UTC
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how thick the standard rear way bar
is?? I know the front is 20mm as it is in the workshop mannual but it didnt
say anything about the rear & and its pretty hard to measure without good
tools. I'm thinking its either 18mm or 19mm from a rough measurement and I
was going to go about 4mm thicker which would effectively double the
stiffness, any thoughts on this aswell??
Julian
2000-08-23 01:15:03 UTC
Anyone in melbourne got a standard rear sway bar which they upgraded and wanna
sell cheap?

Maybe a front one too but not sure if its better than the standard astra one?

-Julian
http://www.egroups.com/community/e15et
Geordo
Dan
2000-08-23 04:47:48 UTC
Something I saw in the worksop manual was that the non-turbo actually had a
21mm front bar and the turbo had a 20mm, so if you are going to upgrade the
back bar the astra bar might actually be thicker than an ET's
Julian
d***@public.gmane.org
2000-08-23 22:56:57 UTC
Note: while the turbo had narrower front bar than n/a Pulsar/Astra, there are two possible explinations for this...

1. A narrower front bar combined with a thicker rear bar would dial out (some) understeer in the conversion to the turbo model.

2. Some Japanese fours of the 80's era actually had hollow sway bars. What i'm suggesting is that the non-turbo had a 21mm hollow, and the turbo a 20mm solid, perhaps...

Food for thought, anyway.

-Mick Q
Post by Julian
sell cheap?
Maybe a front one too but not sure if its better than the standard
astra one?
Post by Julian
-Julian
Sash